View Single Post
Old 05-07-2002, 10:56 PM   #14
Charean
Hathor

Quote:
Originally posted by Lanthir:
um I do no tknow why you think they are getting a slap on the wrist. the one prist has already gotten 75 years in prison with no parole and he still has more criminal charges comming they jst arrested another one from Boston and are bringign him back for trial. You also have to understadn why the dropped the settlement. They are now concerned that to many false claims are being brought. Thus they belive it is beter to handle them individualy.
Also not in defense of the church but how come they never make it such a big deal when say a babtist does it.
I may be wrong, but what I got from that article was that there were SO MANY claims (I concede that some are probably fake) that it would bankrupt the Church if they were to pay a lump sum. So they decided in their infinite wisdom that it was better not to pay ANYONE.
What I saw was blatant admitting that it happened, but they didn't want to go broke admitting it. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Celibacy is the crux of the matter... and there has been talk of abolishing that... but only talk at this point. It would probably cut down on the horrendous consequences if they went the way of most religions and allowed marriage among the clergy. I await with baited breath.