View Single Post
Old 06-14-2002, 03:52 PM   #2
Moni

I use PSP 6....7 is just a little more into graphics tweaking than I want to deal with but some things should be basically the same, like putting text into images.

When using your font tool, a window pops up to type your text in, right?
Well in that same window, but above the place where you are typing, there should be places where you can choose you font, what size you want it, and whether to create it as vector, a selection, floating, etc.
You can click on the little arrow next to size and scroll down to something bigger or type in anything larger than its limit.

More often than not, I create text as floating so it can be moved around and tweaked with plug-ins or the rotate/flip/mirror options.
(Make sure if you use rotate, to sharpen it when you are done)

One of the great things about PSP is that you do not have to have your fonts installed...you can just open them and there they are in your selection choices! I have the minimum of fonts installed on my system but have a collection of literally thousands that I can use in PSP anytime. [img]smile.gif[/img]

I just happened to get online right now to look for a "Pepsi" font...seems Winzip turned it into something else altogether when I zipped and back them up a couple of years ago lol.

In order to make a gif with moving text next to a still pic, run the animation shop and make your text portion there in a gif with a transparent background, making the area you are working on bigger than your pic and placing the text to one side.
You can then send each frame to PSP for a copy & paste of your pic into each frame as a new layer (so it will place it in the same place every time) and if you have to adjust it, make sure you pay attention (bottom-left corner of PSP to what pixels you are starting and stopping on and adjust every one from and to the same pixels so that the end-gif doesn't have your image switching its position while the gif runs.
When you are satisfied with the result, you can crop the gif in the Animation shop with one fell swoop...one crop wil crop every frame to you specs. [img]smile.gif[/img]

I have some text tutorials but I am not sure if I can open them anymore since I upgraded my aol. I'll look them up and if I can and if you don't mind a little spam mail, I'll send you some to help you get used to using the program.

When does your trial version expire?