View Single Post
Old 05-11-2002, 11:43 AM   #46
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by Talthyr Malkaviel:
quote:
Originally posted by Dramnek_Ulk:
One of the method by which the Catholic Church controls people is by teaching them that sex is a bad thing. This creates constant guilt and repression in people thus binding them closer to the church, since sex & related things is a fact of life and something most people encounter often.
Contraception chips away at this by allowing sex to be had as a recreational activity, this threatens and undermines an important part of their power strategy I.e. that sex is wicked and should only be performed for procreation.
The opposition to contraception (and therefore Safe Sex) is also Idiocy on a rarely seen scale what with AIDS/HIV and so many other sexually transmitted diseases around nowadays.
Sorry but safe sex and no contraception are not mutually exclusive.
I hope you realise that for AIDS to be caught one has to already have it, and since Catholics believe in abstinence before marriage, and no divorce, then it's certain you won't catch one actually, more certain than a condom in fact.
No contraception doesn't mean Catholics go around mpregnating anyone and everyone does it.
Also, just in case you didn't know, I am not a Catholic, but I like to play devil's advocate, and besides, you have some fairly ludicrous-sounding idea's about the Catholic's.
First, you presume to know exactly what their intents are, then you make it sound as if they are some organisation trying to overtake the world.
They are a religion! Remember that... however big they get, to do what would be necessary to become a sinlge religion, they would have to against their own rules.
[/QUOTE]Good on you Talthyr! Well said. [img]smile.gif[/img]

http://www.hughwilson.com