View Single Post
Old 07-19-2004, 11:01 AM   #39
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Animal:
quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
It's dark, but the streetlight is on that side of the street- there's the neighbor's house and driveway with all of their vehicles (two cars and a truck) and the street light. Of course that's if I look over the five foot rose shrub on my front lawn.

This morning I looked out a back window and there was a rabbit sitting on my patio. We have tons of cottontails out there- they have baby bunnies under the shed and out in the mugo pines every year.

We had deer out front last spring, though!
If you don't want to be overrun by rabbits, I'd suggest you deal with that ASAP. A couple of rabbits are cute, a couple of hundered are a nuisance. [/QUOTE]They've been around since before my house was built and aren't too bad- except one really bad winter where they killed the crab apple tree, but then I should have wrapped the trunk higher or kept the snow away from it, so all in all it's not too bad. They don't nibble the trees/shrubs too much in normal winters and I don't mind them eating the clover in the yard...they leave good fertilizer, anyway!