View Single Post
Old 08-16-2003, 12:27 PM   #5
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

In general terms, try to get a balanced party containing a couple of front line fighters (paladin, fighter, or barbarian). Add in a cleric for healing and for use as a secondary tank. Some rogue capability is essential but can mixed with a another class to augment your range of spell casting or fighting capability. Then add an arcane spell caster (mage or sorceror). Make sure you have a good mix of melee and ranged weapons, AND of various weapon types (piercing, slashing and blunt) for each character.

A basic party would look like this:

Human Paladin
Dwarven Fighter
Elven Rogue
Human Cleric
Elven Mage
Elven Druid or Ranger or Bard (my preference is for the Ranger)

High level monks make great front line fighters when they get high enough in level. At low levels they require some care.

Dual classing possibilities abound, some options to consider are:
Dual class the rogue to mage
Dual class the Ranger to a Druid
Dual class the Paladin to a fighter

My preference is to NOT dual class from a cleric or mage as I WANT those 9th level spells - at least not before I go into Heart of Fury mode.

Pay CLOSE attention to favoured class restrictions.

There are just too many options to go through all of them in detail. Strive for a balanced mix and go with what appeals to you. There is no RIGHT answer. [img]smile.gif[/img]

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote