View Single Post
Old 01-12-2004, 01:42 AM   #1
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

At long lasts!! I finished the darn game. And spoils throughout the games

here are some comments about the game:

-the Dynni Merchant is such a SCRIMP! At the last part of the game (with the true names and all that stuff which can get pretty expensive, I bought several things with the quarry guy master (which he had some good stuff so I thought I wont need my money anymore.. WRONG!!) I needed close to around 700,000 in gold for the one special true name and I only had like 90+ thousand in gold. I sold all my special items and he still gives me 15,000 each although i know its worth at least 50,000+ (and with the quarry master its worth 50,000 btw, so you know where to sell high). I sold every micellenous items, spells components, potions, gems, boots, armor, weapons, bombs, armor components, even my magic bag... which left me bare naked already except the stuff I was wearing. With my companions as well.. and thank goodness I was able to reach that amount with 500 gold to spare [img]tongue.gif[/img] .

- I loved the drow battle defending the city, it was so much fun!! With the golems and all!! wheee

- There were some confusing parts in the game.. like the mimic and puzzle quest.

- I hated battling the guardians of the path (last part of the game) especially the one with the improved invisibility, damage resistance and damage reduction. Heck i couldnt even touch him. Good thing I had a special Paladin and also, I since I was a shapeshifter, I just petrified him [img]tongue.gif[/img] . and bashed him to bits. But even though he was petrified I still missed him 90% percent of the time.

- Overall I loved the way they did it although it was already more like a Throne of Bhall type of game since your nearly Godlike stats already. I do love the cinematic options and the people look so real now. Now they have to do the work of animating thier head while taking instead of nodding all the time .

- I never finished some parts of the game such the maker, beholders in the underdark ( i could never solve for the bridge part)

- I could not believe that being a shapeshifter had so many advantages in different parts of the game. I used all of the shapeshifting abilities at least once and each had thier own advantages and weakness. just a personal comment about that one. I do need help though because I do have question about when can you be able to shapeshift to dragon, contruct and outside shift. I have a wisdom of 18 and level 17 in shapeshift already (level 5 druid, and cleric as well). I have been waiting but the feats havent come out yet. Anyone help me on this one?

- There were so many wonderful items in the game that makes my items in SOU and NWN seem like childsplay. Dont you think it was a little overpowered in a way? I mean I have great items that Im permanently hasted with 20+ resistance in all elemental forms, have +8 str.. +5-10 chr, +3 to wis.. +8 to regeneration, immune to fear and knockdown.

- What does keen do anyway to your weapon?

- I loved deekims.. I had him in undertide which was so much fun .

- I do have some questions. Can someone tell me WHAT would have happened If I wake up the sleeping dude also let drow girl meet him. What happens in the ending of that one.

- What is the use of knowing the true names of the other people?

- Can anyone tell me what happened in the ending of the other henchmen, like Linu, sharwyn, tomi and valen?

- At the end game, I saw deekims having str of 28 I think.. My god.. thats a strong little kobold. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Post your own comments as well and of course answers to my questions if possible.

[ 01-12-2004, 04:06 AM: Message edited by: Harkoliar ]

Catch me if you can..
Harkoliar is offline   Reply With Quote