View Single Post
Old 11-22-2003, 02:24 PM   #36
Killer_Rogues
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Ascended the last party, started a new one. I've been playing on normal and decided to step it up a notch and try expert (no ironman yet - maybe after some more times through). anyway, i decided since the last two parties i ascended had hybrids i would try a non-hybrid party. i went with the four pure magic users and two fighters for protection (imagine 4 scrawny guys casting spells behind a couple of big, dumb strong lugnuts - that's the basic idea). And because i like my parties to have themes, this party is the disabling party. i plan to put the most little circles above every opponent possible - this includes paralyzing, freezing, webbing, nausiating, concussions, irritating, blinding, and eventually tossing various clouds thier way. My two fighters (one dracon (Meathead), one lizardman (Stone)) have become a little peeved because they rarely get to duke out a good battle. My casters (fairy mage (Buzz), dwarf Priest (Father), Mook Psionic (knowitall), & elf alky (Bomba)) have been fairly effective through the monestary and into arnika. With two having paralyze, the mage throwing freeze flesh and webs from the alky and priest, there are few who make it to me. and those that do get up to melee range are usually nausiated from noxious fumes or irritated and my fighters have no problems. the only issue is keeping mana from running out if i have two big battles in a row. i certainly look forward to later in the game when i can get my hand on some SP regen. items! This is the first time i have run an alchemist in a while and its nice to have plenty of cash! The only death so far was the fairy mage died because i have the bright idea of having him unlock chests with the magic hat and a dart killed him in the monestary. i look forward to seeing how this party goes - fun so far and that's whats important.
Killer_Rogues is offline   Reply With Quote