Thread: Twisted Rune!!!
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2001, 05:18 PM   #5
Barry the Sprout
White Dragon

I reckon you will be fine. If you stay near the door and fight them then it should be easy. I did this quest really late on and I found the difficulty really hyped up. SPOILER in the form of a bizarre story:
I went in there with similar levels on my chars. I casted Breach on the lich before I realised what I was doing - but it worked anyway somehow (?!?). I only know because when I hit it with the Vorpal Sword it died instantly. Me and the friend who was walking me through the quest (I hadn't known about it before he told me) sat there baffled for several minutes wondering why he wasn't casting anything. It took us quite some time to realise he was actually dead. Then the Beholder started firing rays at my main char... who was weraing the cloak of reflection. Admittedly he didn't do this for long as after a few minutes he petrified himself. Then the vampire guy started attacking Anomen, who happened to be armed with Mace of Disruption +2. When the dust had settled from the carnage I had 5 characters who had barely lifted a finger and Anomen who had seen to the vampire with a few swings of the mace. All 6 of them then walked over to the female mage in the corner, who lasted all of a few seconds before she exploded. This was one of the most surreal events in the whole of BG2 for me. The people in that room couldn't have been more inept if they had fallen over on banana skins. Me and my friend were pissing ourselves laughing by the end of it...

------------------
Life is like a piece of cheese. Mice only enjoy it in cartoons and it is better with toast.