View Single Post
Old 06-13-2002, 08:11 AM   #50
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Is mine okay?

The legal limit is a width of 225 pixels and a height of 155 pixels, giving a total area of 34,875 pixels.

Mine has a width of 250 pixels and a height of 129 pixels, giving a total area of 32,250 pixels.

This is just my opinion, but I am fine with wide images so long as they do not cause horizontal scroll bars to form in the browser window. This applies to text as well, and it has always been one of my number one bane to see excessively wide words/text.

Height however, is a different matter. It really does affect a person's reading if he/she has to scroll up and down and is hindered by overly long signatures which although can be lovely, is not what he/she is looking for.

Over at the other forum where I frequent as well, we have a general rule of thumb. The content of the post must exceed the length of the signature if you want to use it. We do not ban people if they fail to follow it, but we do reprimand them. Another rule of thumb we have is that a signature should not have more than eight lines of text. However, we cannot have images in our signatures over there, so I suppose it cannot really apply here in Ironworks.

Land of the Psycho-moe