View Single Post
Old 06-16-2003, 10:12 PM   #1
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Well I've learned about Cookies and Temporary Internet Files a year or so ago, i.e., it's best to delete these on a regular basis so they don't pile up (can affect website page loading if you get a huge amount of them). It's amazing how many things attach themselves on your PC just by clicking on sites, and you never even see it or have a clue. Oh yes, also recently I've become aWARE of Spyware, and downloaded a program to delete those (ran one for the first time a few weeks ago, it found 40 things).

This weekend I learned of yet ANOTHER place you need to clean up, that is not in the same categories as above. Criminy! More crap that gets put on your PC from going to websites

Do this to check your PC (I myself had over 2,000 things, all crapola I did not need!)

Go to your Start Button
Go to Find
Click on Files or Folders
type in *.tmp

See how much crap YOU have in there. Again, it is all trash, delete it! (and don't forget to delete it all in your Recycle Bin as well.

Things are running much faster and smoother for me since I deleted those 2,000 things on my end. I can't say 100% that deleting all that stuff solved my slow loading problems, I'll know for sure in time, as I just deleted it all yesterday. But it certainly didn't hurt anything dumping all that collected trash, and again, so far so good, things are moving very nicely for me now! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Just thought to pass this info along for some that may not be aware, like I was until now. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Reality Show Recaps