View Single Post
Old 10-19-2004, 01:15 PM   #1
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

The technition that was to install my digital phone and give me a new modem from Time Warner came today, and screwed alot of stuff up. He disconnected my router to get a connection to the net, then never reinstalled it. He also turned off several of my utilities, telling me I had too much spyware onboard and I should learn how to clean that stuff out. (You guys know I am well aware of what I have and don't have on my PC). He also left the phone box open outside in the rain and never hooked my home security system back up right, so now I have to call ADT to come out and fix that for a $75.00 fee.

I tried to hook my router up myself, as it is no big deal, but that killed the new modem! I unhooked it again and tried to reset the modem but to no avail. What was worse, the modem's death brought about the death of the phone, so I had to walk down the street to the first house of my neighbors that actually has a phone...(the closest one burned down yesterday morning, so I had to walk further...), and call them to come back out. The supervisor came out and fixed everything except ADT and an icon that was popping up saying I had a network cable unplugged. I did not, so I deleted the bridge, and now everything seems fine.

Why one earth did that first tech think he could get into my msconfig and turn everything off except simple startup? May he die a thousand blood-curdling deaths.

[img]graemlins/rant.gif[/img]