View Single Post
Old 03-31-2001, 12:31 AM   #294
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Tobbin:

Well, although I get angry glares from women when I hold the door for them, I still do. I've even had one lady walk up to me with her finger a wagging and say, "Do I look like some helpless moron?" I just smiled and still held the door as she grunted and walked in. I like doing that though (holding the door open I mean.) I have had a few ladies thank me too, but overall I've had more hurt feelings than anything. It's enough to drive a man to drink. LOL. In real life though, I really don't drink that much. Maybe 3 times a year or so. Last couple of years, I haven't really drank at all. I don't smoke either. That really seems to make people mad. I don't understand that. Just because I don't drink, and I don't smoke doesn't mean I think I am better than people that do. It just means that I don't like smoking and I just don't drink that often. (I do get slap happy drunk sometimes when I drink though.) I prefer to get "high" with people I am with. And in case someone thinks I am referring to drugs. No. I don't mean drugs either. Just hanging around and stuff. I really like travel. God, this is starting to sound like a personal or something. I guess I better stop before it sounds even more depressing than it really is. LOL

Tobbin, you are a gentleman of the first caliber! And I for one think it's wonderful! Guess I got a bit of traditional and old fashioned in my upbringing, but I understand what you are saying! I CAN open a door for myself, sure, but if someone else does it for me..well isn't that sweet of them!

Cloudy

------------------
Storm-Queen
StormCloud of the Black Knight