View Single Post
Old 05-30-2011, 01:24 PM   #8
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Default Re: A rather technical Computer question?

Before doing the things below, update your OS completely. If you just got a fresh install of Win 7 Home Premium on a 64 bit OS, you have alot of updates to download. But, I see your are on SP1, this sounds about right. Maybe you have already updated it. Just check to be sure, there are many updates for 64 bit OS compatibility.

I want to be clear. You had a different OS before this and they installed Win 7 for you? This is very important to know.

Make sure your audio drivers are the 64 bit versions. Make sure they are Win 7 compatible. Windows Vista drivers will usually fit the bill. Let Windows update install drivers for you - sometimes it may know better, sometimes not.

If it still remains after this do ALL of these steps even though you have done some of them already individually. Uninstall completely and reinstall your audio, video and Adobe Flash drivers in unison. Update them from their respectable websites.

Update IE, and disable all your IE accelerators and Addons. Update DirectX or confirm that you are where you need to be.

Update Windows Media Player, and uninstall and reinstall VLC (VLC rarely has any issues like, ever).

To me personally, this sounds very much like a software compatibility and/or conflict issue.