View Single Post
Old 03-12-2001, 09:59 AM   #22
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Gray Mage:
CB: WordPerfect...Blech!! .....oops, sorry I hate it when that happens

I'm sorry, I guess I fear change, I've always use Office products and I'm to old to learn a new program.

Hey GM! I keep missing you of late. Sorry, I have work to do today, too...sigh. Just taking a few quick minutes on the board then off it til lunchtime.

Well, Mr. Gates sucked you into his moneymaking monoply, did he? LOL (teasing - honest!) Lots of people end up using MS Office products because the software is bundled on their machines. NO choices allowed. When I bought my Gateway over a year ago, they packed it with M$ software. I asked if they could NOT load some of it as I had better versions (computer came with MS Works, but I had purchased separately one of the premium versions of Office 97 and had Corel's WordPerfect Suite). The answer was NO, we cannot leave any of the software off and just give you the cd. And NO we cannot just NOT give it to you/load it at all. THAT really annoyed me. I couldn't get my pc without the software at all? Like, just don't give it to me, I don't care if it's included it my purchase price? SHEESH, Billy Gates had a plum deal going with Gateway and other manufacturers!

And fwiw, I think the interface for WP is far more user friendly. MS software is not intuitive, takes more work to figure out where you can find what it is you need. MS software designers are well trained in the art of obfuscation, in my not so humble opinion!

CB-