View Single Post
Old 09-11-2002, 08:53 AM   #20
Nachtrafe
Red Wizard of Thay

I was listening to my radio, 5 minutes after the first plane hit, when I heard the National Anthem start playing. I was surprised to hear it, but listened to it nevertheless. When the song was over the DJ came on and said that a plane had hit the WTC. I bolted out of my room and ran to turn on the TV. I got there just in time to see the second plane hit. I dont remember what I said, but I I do remember that my legs went boneless and I sort of collapsed into a chair. I was stunned. My Grandma and Niece came into the room to ask what was happening(I was living with/helping take care of my Grandma at the time). I told my Grandma, and she sat down with me to watch. We both just sort of stared blankly at the TV, watching in silence.

After a few minutes, when the numbness had started to wear off, I ran back into my room and logged onto MSN to get ahold of Cloudy. At the time, I didn't really realize that Albany NY is about a two hour drive from NYC. All I could think of was that she's in NY, and the Towers are in NY, and never in my life did I wish for the ability to teleport as I did at that instant. I spent the rest of the morning bouncing between the TV and the computer, talking to Cloudy and watching the news in horror. We(Cloudy and I) spent most of the day on IW and talking to each other on MSN, and worrying about our friends.

"May the wings of liberty never lose a feather!"