View Single Post
Old 06-25-2001, 04:56 PM   #4
Lord Shield

Tancred can be found wrapped up in his own thoughts, somewhere at the back of the crowd, holding the sword that was Karnas. Ever hopeful, he examines the blade close-up; but can find none of its' magic. The soul of the mage within it has gone, and the blade's original holy enchantments have been broken and dispelled. The Foesmite family sword seems to be nothing more than a piece of shaped metal.
One last tear falls from the Paladin's face. 'Your last chance... they took away your last hope for Heaven.'
His expression of anguish doesn't change; but something in the eyes grows harder and colder, and the grip around the sword-hilt tightens. He follows the party as they move out, ever downwards.

The corridor widens into a huge cavern. It is dark. The edge of the cavern is beyond infra-vision. Tiax's ultra-vision can see better. He wishes he couldn't
In the dark, shuffling around you in a semi-circle is a group of Nandi Bears. These things are the toughest bears on titan, the equivalent of the Dire Bear in 3E (think Giant Bear if you're not familiar with either)
It's hit the fan, folks! Sorry if I missed anybody making lit torches, but it's been a long day

The Paladin stumbles blindly into the lightless cavern. Realizing to venture further without light would be perilous he reaches into his pouch for his tinderbox. One outstretched hand touches something large and hairy. Zounds he thinks, I have found a lichen covered boulder,mayhaps I can light this moss and provide the party with light to see by. Within a second he kindles a small blaze. The elves shout of warning is drowned out in the hideous roar of the revealed Nandi bear,whose rump the Paladin has just set afire. By the light of the blazing,and furious bear, other unnaturally large bears can be seen bearing down upon the beleagured party.
"Gads",mutters the Paladin,"what a faux pas." Without undue haste the Paladin puts away the tinderbox,and draws his sword.
"Well it's either gonna be a real long day, or a real short one.."

Not aware of the trouble in the front of the party, Rhazor turns to Tancred. "What of this blade, what makes it so unique to you?"

Meanwhile, how long had Wah been captured? Two days? Three? He can't remember.
The light glisters off his sweating forehead as a single drop snakes its way down into his trembling chin. He looks left and stares at the huge bloodstain which had dried overnight.
The wizards were cruel.
There was something about this anti-magic collar. It didn't seem to fit properly and it keep snagging against Wah's ears. A loud clang silenced the area and Wah huddled as the large figure approached.
"It is time", he murmured. "Perhaps it won't be so clean this time." (hehe)
Dragging the collar, the Arch Lich is rushed to a table where the dark wizard gestures. Immediately a young guy steps slowly and motions for Wah to lie down onto the table.
The Wizard reaches for a dagger. He stabs Wah's to the right of his chest.
"UHHHH"
"Don't make this harder for yourself", he whispered. He stabs again.
"AAH!! OH NO, PLEASE NO!"
Laughing loudly, the wizard seemed satisfied with his work. His student however, keep an open eye out on the fire - which burned healthily behind the blooded table.
The wizard raised his hands again...........but suddenly he was pushed into the flames. He reels back in time to see his student's betrayal!!
"I don't have time to explain", he whispered. "Follow me!!"

Artemis walks up to Slaughter Margin. "you got a spare dagger on you? i usually have one on me but, hey, i just had everything stolen from me." artemis stands patiently waiting for an answer. Slaughter Margin passes him the boomerang dagger

------------------
In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is pimp.
http://lordraptor0.tripod.com/index.html

[This message has been edited by Lord Shield (edited 06-25-2001).]