View Single Post
Old 11-28-2001, 03:34 AM   #6
Darkman

quote:
Originally posted by SixOfSpades:
Unhappily, I can't really play ANYTHING online, because my Internet connection sucks. Or maybe it's my Windows ME.....

But I don't know if I'd be really interested in Diablo anymore, I think I've pretty much played it to death. I might exhume the CD someday, though. (I've got a 47th Level Rogue who can kill Diablo without even seeing him, and that's on Hell difficulty.) You actually CAN get GPoW, but the odds are astronomical. My Rogue is wearing PERFECT Godly Plate (No cheats--I'm talking Single Player), and I've actually seen one Plate that was +200% Armor and +100 HP......too bad it was only Breast Plate. Still, you can do anything if you're patient enough and know how to operate Wirt.

Well Diablo is not very demanding as far as connection goes. I used to play it on my old 28.8 modem with no problems. However, I can understand if you are tired of the game. I have tried nearly everything there is to try. I have played many "variant" characters, such as my Beyond Naked Mage who wears nothing but cursed equipment, and of course others that are more in depth.

If you are interested in such variants to enliven the game for you, here are a couple sites you may want to check out:

Sylvan Cliffs Variant Archive: (has over 100! variants in the archive)
http://www.geocities.com/lemmingofglory/index.html

Realms Beyond Diablo: (a D1 & D2 variants site)
http://diablo.realmsbeyond.net/

As for the GPoW, I was referring to the commonly hacked Full Plate version. However, like you said, other lesser versions of Godly armor of Whale can in fact be generated (but only at Wirt), up until Chain Mail or Scale Mail--I can't remember which. But if you see Godly of Whale on Splint Mail, Plate Mail, Field Plate, Gothic Plate, or Full Plate, you know it's a hack because Wirt has a relatively low price cap on the items he sells and neither Godly nor Whale affixes can be dropped from monsters or sold at Griswald [img]smile.gif[/img]