View Single Post
Old 11-07-2004, 04:07 AM   #17
Cerek
Registered Member
Iron Throne Cult

Animal - you're right that this issue isn't the fault of the PC Shop, but this is just the latest of several issues I've had with this PC....and the vast majority of my problems have occurred AFTER I took the machine to the PC Shop for a memory upgrade. I really do feel they sold me a POS mobo and I also feel they screwed up some of the internal settings on the machine because the tech admitted he kept doing the re-installation of my O.S. wrong. But when I had my first problems with the machine (after they had worked on it for over 2 weeks), the tech tried to say that I had "f***** up" the machine by changing the settings on it. Thing is, I don't know enough about PC's to be changing the settings. The tech then admitted he had followed the wrong steps when trying to install the O.S. (my version of XP is apparantly an "upgrade version" from 98 instead of a fresh install) and then he said "Geez, I hope I didn't screw it up when I did that." So, yeah, I do think the PC shop is more than a little to blame for the other problems I've had with the machine.

BTW, I TRIED to do the System Restore and the machine won't respond. I choose "Restore System", click "NEXT" and nothing happens.

Bungleau - that's a good idea about tabbing down to the "NEXT" button instead of clicking on it. I'll give that a try. I had also considered just un-installing the keyboard too, but I'm worried the machine won't automatically detect it and re-install the drivers itself. Still, the keyboard files ARE obviously corrupted...so I may just have to take that chance.