View Single Post
Old 03-04-2001, 06:51 PM   #1
el_kalkylus
Drizzt Do'Urden

I finnished the game once again and this time it took 18 days (game time). I played a neutral evil fighter/mage/thief solo. He ended up at level 16/15/19, and it was very easy to defeat the monsters in the end. If I hadn't removed xcap, he would have ended up on level 11/12/14, which he already had before he went to Spellhold.

The first thing I did when I got out of the dungeon was to get the Tuigan bow and the boot of speeds, which means I had to do some sidequests in the beginning. When el_kalkylus finally was equipped with the boot of speeds I went to the big monsters, starting with the twisted rune, followed by Kangaxx, then the Cowled wizards, and then the Koshi-group (Celestial fury). I had to get the flail of ages too, so I did a little trip to Nalias castle. These were all the equipment I needed, so I didn't do anymore sidequests. I tried to be as quick as possible, so I killed Adalon for example to get out of underdark as quick as possible. Shortly after I was in Suldanessar, and now I have finnished the game.

There was a lot of backstabbing in this game, and in comparison to a kensai/thief he didn't come near those backstabs, but with the girdle of frost giant strength, he was quite alright.

What made this game easy was because he was a fighter/mage/thief. Since he had some mage-skills, he was able to use robe of vecna, use wands, and use scrolls which made this game a whole lot easier/faster. I think I used all of the "protection from undead"-scrolls in the game, they are really great.

Believe it or not, but with the proper equipment and spells, I was able to get his AC down to -20. Drizzt and his little gang were no problems at all (with a little help from Mordenkains sword-spell). In the final battle, I just boosted him up, and had two scrolls of Simalcurum, and two Time stop scrolls ready, so I didn't take much hits.

This was fun, and it didn't take that long either (whew, but writing all this did though).