View Single Post
Old 11-13-2003, 04:23 PM   #1
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

I love football(soccer). I really do. I play it in summer,winter...anywhere and everywhere. But there is one HUGE problem in my country.

Slovenia is a small country. Here our first league really sucks. The play so slow... and the only player who succed in the Europe is Zlatko Zahiovič. He plays for Benfica,he is a capitan there, he was in Champions League final in 2001.(Bayern:Valencia) Also he shoot but Kahn saved the day.

Anyway the problem is infastructure. Here we have clubs but not really schools like for example Real`s soccer school. When you see our couchs they are like this:a ciggarette in one hand,beer in another talking to his friend. If that is a coach is beyond me. There are many talents but like i said..there isn`t a lot of work with young players. Someone of our famous retired players should start a school but everybody waits. Sure we have a team wich is related to Internazionale but those guys from Inter come only one a year to check young talents.

Iwish i would be born *anywhere* else then here! Brazil,Spain,Portgual you name it. These countries work with young players but here you see a coach with beer/ciggarete.. in his hands.

Like my sig says:most of the stuff i know i learned on the streets where the whole new football is being developed and high people at out "clubs" should go on the streets and not sit around and do nothing. That`s what pisses me of.

Zatko Zahovič said:"If president of Valencia address his team with:"Gentelman what can i do to help you" here at NZS(National Football Association) they say:"Hey punk"!What do you want"?

It really pisses me off. I would like to be a pro but in these conditions that we have.. no way!

Just had to take this out! Thanks!