View Single Post
Old 11-03-2001, 10:41 PM   #36
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by J.J.:

har-dee har har yourself, Larry [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img]

i like my number, easy to remember! Hey, Larry, how is the house financing project coming along? did you ever get anyone to cough up your exact beacon score? good thing they passed the law that credit pulls by mortgage companies will no longer pull your beacon down! Eh? what's that? You mean I forgot to tell you that when you apply for credit of any kind except real estate, that your beacon score will be lowered? and that the average credit application, whether it be cars, credit cards, store cards, account at your local hardware store, all will actually pull your beacon down by about 5 pts.? (that is each and every credit check) Also, if you have more than a half dozen pulls in less than a three month timeframe, that can actually go up to 9 pts. per check. When I was selling cars, I remember one guy who was trying to buy, when we got his equifax, saw there had been more than 20 checks in the last two months. even though his income, payment history, and debt ratios were okay, all those checks he had done made it impossible for us to use a primary financing source, poor guy had to go secondary, got stuck with a rate almost 10% higher than he should have had. reason being, many pulls in a short time frame is a strong indicator of impending bankruptcy - I was told by our finance guy at the time it is about a 70% chance that a banko will occur within 12 months. go figure.
oops, back to member numbers. yea, mine is easy as 1-2-3-

WoW...you really know your stuff!
hey! When I just quoted you, I see the command QB in the [+] boxes...and then / QB...what is that???