View Single Post
Old 10-13-2001, 11:41 AM   #1
Horatio
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

It was summer. I was stepping out of my house with two crisp twenties in my pocket and my bike at my side. The sun is shining, the birds are singing as I ride down the road to meet my friends, then we go looking around the shops. Wot's this? Do i see a Baldur's Gate 2?!? I had played BG, but had thought the series scrapped! So I buy it, thinking it will pass the time when I'm bored.

Two weeks later...

My darkened room, sounds of battle raging from my PC and there I am, hunched over my computer with my eyes glued to the screen. I am hooked. I am addicted. My cold, dead fingers will have to be forced off of my mouse before I give this game up.
And, after the fifth completion, I step outside again, and for the first time since I switched on my PC I notice the sun. I go down to the shops with my friends, and we look around the shops. And wot do I see? THRONE OF BHALL. I feel a tugging in my hand, and involountarily I reach for the package. Then my legs are moving, on their own, towards the cash register. I pull out some hard earned cash, and then the world goes blank.

Three hours later.

My darkened room. Jan is pretending to Minsc that they have switched bodies in a futile attempt to steal Boo. I laugh silently.

And that was the last BG game in the Saga. Wot do I do now? I have forgotten wot I did before BG2! Why Bioware, WHY?

------------------
Horatio, Silver Ranger of the ALSB

Oh that lovely winged elf!
She's more valuable than the arrows of Melf,
More useful than the Scorcher and Magic Missle Conbined,
Join the ALSB, just sign on the line!