View Single Post
Old 05-31-2004, 01:54 AM   #6
Wysardry
Elite Waterdeep Guard

TheCrimsomBlade: I started with "As you may know..." because I previously posted here with a longer explanation prior to the first set of meetings.

I'm not asking for any money, unless you meant you pay for your connection time, which I have no control over one way or the other.

If you wish to learn more about this project, without leaving these forums, my previous post is here.

The only connection it has with Ironworks is that at least one series published by 3DO is likely to be popular with a lot of people here (Might and Magic). That's a stronger connection than most topics in the general discussion forum.

Kakero: Yes, the first meetings were confused, because many people didn't know what the idea behind the project was, and everyone had a different reason for being there.

This time they should have a clearer understanding of where we're heading, and each meeting is split into two so that the main topics are separated.

Hopefully, this will mean that those interested in just one topic won't be trying to push the conversation towards what they want to talk about.

I'm not sure who you know from 3do.com, but although they didn't show on the logs to any great extent, Bones and Chlala from TELP's Tavern were there, Angelspit from Celestial Heavens and Lady Ann from The Tower Tavern dropped by after the logs end and SirGalrim from MMT was recording his own logs to read later.

Sorknes from MMT was at all three meetings, and SirFelgar (again from MMT) and I had a further meeting on Thursday.

As for promoting other forums, as I mentioned before, registration is not required to post in the "Suggestion Box" nor to use the IRC channel.

The X3DO site doesn't have any forums yet (that's one of the areas to be covered in these meetings).

None of the moderators seemed to have a problem with me mentioning it before, and I have no problem with my own members linking to here (which they have done at least once).

I'm also perfectly willing to answer any questions here. It's just easier if people read the background material at my own site first so that I don't have to repeat myself as much (or bore people that don't want to know the details).