View Single Post
Old 10-04-2001, 11:07 PM   #52
Nachtrafe
Red Wizard of Thay

Quote:
Originally posted by DragonMage:
You are a silly git, Nachtrafe. Why would we flame you???

But next time you go to bed, think of this:

The non-poisonous spiders are waiting until you fall asleep and then they come out on the ceiling and repel down to just an inch above your sleeping face and have a 'swinging' good time!!!!

LOL...Hey, what can I say...I'm a safety guy.

You know...I had an experience something like that actually. Back in high school, I was spending the night at a buddy's house. He lived in a finished attic. In the peak of the roof was a big spiderweb. I'm rather arachnophobic(was bitten by multiple black widows when I was 5. Never really recovered psychologically :weaksmile: ) Anyway, I asked about it, but he assured me that the spider living there was non poisonous. So I resolved to ignore it. Skip ahead to the middle of the night. I was asleep on the floor, lying on my back. I wake up for some reason, and I see, about 6 inches above my face, a HUGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wolf spider swinging down directly at me! Needless to say, I screamed my head off and swatted the thing off to the side. Jumped out of bed, still freaked, and almost killed myself trying to turn on the light, and grab a bat or a hockey stick at the same time. He jumps out of bed, sees what I'm doing and starts laughing hysterically. I finally managed to get the light on, and started looking for the spider. Finally cornered it, but he wouldn't let me kill it. I got dressed and went home. Just for the record...the spider was over 4 inches across from leg tip to leg tip. I know cuz it was sitting on a 3x5 notecard when John picked it up to return it to its web.

Man...just sitting here and thinking about it is giving me the willies.. *shudders*.

------------------
"In Memorium of those who are gone, and all those that bought our freedom with their hearts blood!"

"May the Colors of Liberty never run"