View Single Post
Old 07-09-2002, 01:45 PM   #163
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by Neb:
Why must everyone bitch and whine just because Yorick decides to see if he can manage to change something that he sees as offensive towards a certain culture? Will it lessen your enjoyment of the game if he manages to get it changed? No. Will it increase his enjoyment of the game? Possibly.

I see no reason to argue with Yorick even though I might not agree entirely with what he's saying since if he succeeds it harms noone and helps him.

Unless of course there are people out there who think that gypsies SHOULD be portrayed in this way. In which case I couldn't care less if it makes them feel uncomfortable if it's changed since they're obviously a bunch of intolerant racist morons.
In answer to your question, as to why I comment on it...My reasoning is thus....

If a person posts on a public forum about an issue, he does so inviting responses and opinions. If said person did not wish to hear the opinions of others, that person whould not have brought the issue up in a public forum.

Like I said. I think he is waaaaaaay off on this but encourage him to send letters, email and detailed documentation to whatever officials he can find that won't just trash them without reading.

So what is wrong with us commenting with views and opinions that are contrary to his stated opinion?