View Single Post
Old 04-17-2005, 03:50 PM   #10
Mierkos
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Great Topic! I agree with the idea that gamers tend to play characters that are different from their actual selves. The first character I ever played was a thief. The reason was the party I joined needed one. I named him from the letters that came up from the throw of 5 Boggle cubes. He was everything I am not. He will always be my favorite character to play. On the flipside, I do have one character that is almost a mirror image of me--Brother Elias, a monk. I say almost because I have no skills in the martial arts. But Elias is a wise, scholarly,affable, and reserved mentor type, who likes to play around with a strange musical instrument called a guitar.
In real life I'm an English teacher currently on medical leave after an almost deadly bout with menangitis. It is during my recovery that I started playing W&W. I received this game a few years ago when I was at a convention and I won a door prize with all kinds of software in it. Until my illness the only things I used from the door prize was the anti virus program and the grade book program. It's a good thing I'm a pack rat or this recovery would be really boring.