View Single Post
Old 01-08-2006, 10:52 AM   #8
Gorluk
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Magness:
I personally prefer to have a strong rogue in all of my parties because I like the roleplaying value of finding/disabling traps and opening locks. That said, I recognize that IWD2 doesn't put a very high premium on these skills and there are precious few traps that a healthy tank won't just shrug off.
yeah, i know that IWD2 is lacking in thieving/rogue department. it even doesn't give you experience for disarming traps (is that 3E rule or just in IWD2?). i remember that i've read somewhere one of the developers said they didn't have more time to implement those skills better in the game...it's a shame, i would love it.

btw. there's one more thing i wondered - should i level the moment i got enough points to, or wait for some time: 'till now i leveled just before i got enough points for one more level, meaning i'm always one level behind. should i worry about relative party exp. level if i have 6 person party (i pretty much do all the quests and kill all the monsters there are)

also, should i consider giving feats in crossbow to my casters (lathander, wizard, sorc), since they all are using crossbows very often (any time they are not engaged in casting), and they are quite helpful that way (i know i should give them first SP and GSP, so i'm not sure if it would be smart to spend point on weapon, and they all already have 1 point in crossbow, so they are proficient)

thanks

[ 01-08-2006, 12:48 PM: Message edited by: Gorluk ]
Gorluk is offline   Reply With Quote