View Single Post
Old 07-14-2000, 01:59 PM   #6
kdogrex2

HA! I have absolutely nothing against clerics. In fact, they have some pretty decent offensive spells once you get up a ways plus they can be a clobberin' machine it you get them outfitted properly. The ability to wear armor can not be overstated. It can just take a while to get them to that point.

Why, as long as you brought it up, do people seem to look sideways at dualing your characters? If it weren't a part of PnP, I wouldn't even bring it up, but it has always been the human alternative to multiclassing and I think that it makes for a great character. I come from the old Neverwinter on AOL and so dualing cleric/mage was what everyone did to stay alive there, but I think that dualing is a very powerful alternative to multiclass characters, especially since there are racial level restrictions for just about every race and every class. This was the case in BG and even though there have been some who've told me that racial limits are not in place in IWD, I have yet to hear a definitive answer on it. I don't see it as a matter of purity in the game, because it's an integral part of D&D, always has been.
Anyhoo, I ramble. Done!