View Single Post
Old 07-29-2003, 10:54 AM   #6
Granamere
Zhentarim Guard

Micah Foehammer I am one of those evil high speed Internet people. [img]smile.gif[/img] Albromor was saying he can only connect at 21600 to his ISP. What is your normal connect speed. Also even though the download speed is 56000 I do not think the upload speed of 33000 has been fixed yet. Also does anyone that is on dial up have a company that is doing the 5X faster over the existing 56K dial up modems like http://www.netzero.net is doing. I am kind of curious as to how well this works seeing as how both sides have to be running some sort of compression for this to work. I kind of think the compression might hurt NWN since it is streaming info. When you are downloading a webpage no big deal if it using more processor power to do the compression. Also if hits lags because it has to decode what it just got no big deal but video games this would be different but I do not really know hence why I ask.

Granamere

Never mind it I broke down and read the webpage. OK I am a techie. Techie's do not read manuals it is aggainst the code. The site states that steaming media is not compressed. So that answers that question.

[ 07-29-2003, 10:57 AM: Message edited by: Granamere ]
Granamere is offline   Reply With Quote