View Single Post
Old 05-31-2002, 09:20 PM   #49
Chewbacca
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:
Originally Posted By Chewie.....
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
All you did was show that you could be a a jerk in the eyes of your teachers and probably most of your class mates....
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for calling me a jerk.
================================================== ==============================
Actually, I said you acted like one, not that you were one. We all act out of character on occasion.

quote:
Did you do any good for the other people in the class who just wanted to do their projects and get out?

Here is an assumption.
================================================== ==============================
Actually the little ? thingy at the end of the sentence shows that it is an interogative....a question not an assumption or a judgement.

quote:
Did you help a single child in the inner city?

so again I ask, what do you really think you accomplished?

What is this supposed to mean?
You mentioned in your first post somehting about inner city kids being neglected or some such so I assumed (bad thing to do) that you ment your fight against the establishment had something to do with righting that wrong.

quote:
Why not put some of that energy and outrage at the establshment to good use by doing something that MIGHT have made a difference.

Another assumtion.
================================================== =============================
In this case I made a mistake of putting a . at the end of the sentence rather than the proper ? however you should still be able to infer from my use of the word "Why" at the beginning that it was ment as an interogative and not an assumption or statement of fact.

================================================== =============================
You really expected a friendly reply to this? an honest answer to a holier than thou sarcastic question? You drew a conclusion in the guise of a question. And you expect me to be nice?

What you see as holier than thou is just curiosity from someone who doesnt understand your thought process. I do expect a civil answer in most cases. Your comment that this first post of mine was what caused your retaliation is faulty since your attack did not come till after my second post where I tried to further explain that I was not attacking you.

Now here is an "Assumption" for you...It appears to me that you just want to be angry at anyone who doesnt accept your statements without question. If this assumption is wrong, I apologize but I still don't get your position...and it isnt really impportant that I do..as you sort of indicated..this is just a chat forum and nothing to get all worked up about.
Quite frankly I was relating a personal testimony, not making a statement. I'll answer any questions that are thoughtfully presented.