View Single Post
Old 01-22-2003, 02:08 AM   #45
AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe
Hathor

As another after thought as well, I think it is unfair to judge it like that in the first place. Basically, because your set of beliefs says that I will go to hell if I don't believe in God, I should believe in it because it is the better of two scenario's? Maybe in my set of beliefs there is one scenario. You die and then that's it. Again there is nothing to prove which theory is right or wrong, but I would already have that belief value in me. Had I already that belief value in me, I would be convinced of it being correct, and therefore, the fact that if believing your religion gave me a 50% chance according to your religion, would have absolutely no bearing on my belief system, because I would to begin with, be convinced that you are completely wrong in your veiw of things, so I would veiw your personal beliefs to that topic as irrelevant, speaking as one that would be an atheist. As an athiest it would be a waste of my time to observe your religion, as I would completely not beleive in it to begin with.

Again I might be losing some people, but if you get me and can explain better please do. basically I am saying that If i was an athiest already, your believes wouldn't hold any value in my culture, thus the initial question would be irrelevant.