View Single Post
Old 09-09-2004, 04:17 PM   #4
philip
Galvatron

Linspire is linux. I haven't used it myself since it looks way too Windows-like. It can be a pretty different experience from windows though. It doesn't have to be harder necessarily but it will be different. If you want to change operating system and you think you like to find new things out (you could well be googling around a lot to get to know things a lot in linux) you might want to try. I do think they offer support (they damn well should if you pay for it )

There's one big catch there. Make absolutely sure it'll run the games if you want to play Most games aren't made for linux and the solution to make them work seems quite complicated and not everything is supported. Also from what I hear is the best (and the only for that matter) software to run windows games in linux is not free, you have to pay monthly.

For the price, I don't know. I don't have much hardware knowledge and it's behind a year or something. I'd prefer putting everything together myself having better stuff for what I use more. I'd check what the exact stuff in there is. For the operating system I'd make sure you want to switch to something else as linux is different.

Check this site: http://www.linspire.com/ for some preview stuff and here's an excellent forum for asking questions about linux and they have a special linspire part: www.linuxquestions.org