View Single Post
Old 01-07-2001, 01:51 AM   #1
JDH1004

I just finished the game and although I found the story well crafted I was a little disappointed by the wimpiness of Jon Irenicus. The whole thing with him and the queen of the elfs once having been lovers is kinda lame, I think its been over done, oh by the way who the hell would want to do Irenicus what an ungly ■■■■■■. Getting back to my point I really am disappointed by the final battle it took me 5 minutes real time to finish him and none of my characters really got hurt. I had taken out the demons quickly and then cast Time Stop from the scroll I found then a cast Spellstrike from another scroll and some withering spell from a scroll and poof Jon Irenicus is no more. Personally I think that the Mind Flayer lair and the Beholder lair where MUCH more difficult. It took me three days to clean out both of those lairs. In fact I would say that the battle in the bridge district the one that gets you the Staff of the Magi was much harder.

I also had the same problem with Balder's Gate 1, Sarevok was major wimpastic only his mage friends made the battle somewhat challenging. In that three or four arrows of detonation and then some acid arrows on Sarevok and thats all she wrote. By the way what happened to arrows of detonation. They were cool, but I will admit a little to unbalancing.