View Single Post
Old 11-21-2002, 04:43 PM   #6
True_Moose
Gold Dragon

Paladin/sorcerers are tough to build, despite the fact that, at first glance, they look like a match made in heaven due to their CHA requirements.

As a paladin/sorcerer, you need to worry about 5 different abilities - ST, DEX, CON, WIS, and CHA. Usually the stat that suffers the most for a pure paladin would be dex - you can wear heavy armor anyway, so this bonus is effectively negated. However, a sorcerer/paladin really should not be wearing armor, at most some leather or hide, or a shield. As such, the dexterity becomes a big disadvantage.

Also, you can't develop the important aspects enough - trying to concentrate on ST and CHA alone means that your 5 points acquired over the game will be split between these two most important stats.

Just as a personal opinion, I never like to dual-class my spellcasters. I find that giving them levels in other classes usually does nothing except dilute their power, especially with the 3rd edition rules about arcane spells and armor. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[EDIT] Typos [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 11-21-2002, 04:44 PM: Message edited by: True_Moose ]