Thread: Keane
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2004, 08:46 AM   #9
Grojlach
Zartan

I actually went to see Franz Ferdinand last Monday. They were alright, but as it was being held in one of the bigger concert halls in our country (Heineken Music Hall), it did remind me of why I never go to "big name" concerts anymore. Once a band gets too well known, it tends to attract the kind of idiots you'd rather have visiting something more low-brow where they can "hey-hooo" and moshpit all they want without ruining it for anyone else. There were only about 10 people involved in the mosh pit (and again, a mosh pit during the pop-friendliness of Franz Ferdinand is just downright bizarre), but they managed to ruin it for dozens of others standing in their vicinity with their pushing, pulling and constant crashing into the rest of the crowd on purpose; just believe me that when you have to be on guard constantly (because some idiot could crash into you any second), it tends to ruin the overall experience somewhat.

As for Keane, well, not really my thing. Personally it reminds me of wine diluted with water - it vaguely resembles something good, but it still has an overall cheap taste. Too calculated, too forced. Then again, to each his own, right? [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 11-20-2004, 09:04 AM: Message edited by: Grojlach ]