View Single Post
Old 06-13-2005, 05:56 PM   #7
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by NobleNick:
/)eathKiller,

I have several questions that maybe you can help with, though:

1.) Do I have to wait until Post-Sear to join a Guild? (I aspire to join the IW guild when the time comes...)

Nope if you whisper Troy Paladin (ingame name) he can let you join the guild. Or check the joining thread in this forum.

2.) What are all these artifacts that I keep coming across that supposedly increase energy but don't do anything for me? For instance, Wisp (my Ranger/Necro) has a necklace, old gloves, and several other things that typically claim to increase energy by +3; but I can't find any way to get her to wear the items; and they do not have an impact on her energy while in inventory: Her max energy is solidly stuck at 25. What good are these items, other than turning in for gold?

They increase your energy regen rate I think. I'm still not 100% on this.

3.) How far do I progress before better armor becomes available for my Ranger? Should I be collecting crafting materials? I have been to the weaponsmith. What else should I be doing to maximize my chances of getting the best armor and weapon upgrades? Or is this not important in Pre-Searing?

There is a pre searing set you can get from all the collectors. I think the ranger has 3 peices available to them. As soon as you leave for the academy you can get a new set so its not 100% important.

4.) What does, for instance, a "Grawl longspear salvage kit" do? Is it only good for upgrading longspears, or is there something I can do with it that might theoretically be used to improve my bow or armor?

Pretty much all items can be salvaged to produce crafting materials. Grawl longspear kits generally salavege a leather square. All you need to do is buy yourself a salvage kit from a merchant, then double click the salvage kit and then click the grawl longspear gear. This will then produce a salvage component. Advice. If you want good armour as soon as you get to the searing then salvage lots of leather, iron, etc.

Thanks!