Thread: Help a Sorcerer
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2001, 04:39 PM   #26
Desuma Malevois
Emerald Dragon

quote:
Originally posted by Paxsenarrion:
Hey, dude, she was tryin' to be helpful. [img]smile.gif[/img]

In all fairness, I didn't register the distinction until you pointed it out, myself. Like, then I facepalmed and remembered reading about the difference, but people like me who back in the day had the original basic D&D Box Set (back in the days of Gary Gygax when the Wizards of the Coast were still sucking at the teat) kind of slip every once in a while with all the new fangled distinctions *giggle* We had one spellcaster, the Magic User, what were armed with only daggers, an' we played Keep on the Borderlands (that was module B2 for you old timers), and we walked uphill to school both ways and we ate dirt and we LIKED IT!!! *big grin*

Love and Kisses From The Older Than Gawd,

Pax

WHAT?!!! You had a spellcaster?!!! Back in MY day (before they had dinosaurs) our Magic-user's 'Magic Missile' was a thrown rock, and at least you GOT daggers, all we got to use were pointy sticks, and... and... and we couldn't even have dirt to eat because the worms already got to it *moan, whimper, whine*