View Single Post
Old 01-07-2004, 01:57 AM   #26
ScottG
Drow Warrior

Graci! Wolfie - just edited it.

as for Sultan's comments, YUP!

"BEST" is obviously subjective - even when providing a substantial quantity of support.

To my way of thinking though "BEST" race for a class really hinges on your battle strategy, number of characters, and what level of ability and diversity you want, and when you want it.

utilizing the meathods I've mentioned there really isn't a need to carry around lots of equipment, nor is there a need for your spell casters to have even +1 in AC from equipment. Why? They won't get hit if they are properly protected by your meatshields, (and missile shield).

I've tested the Beginner's ref. formula for success w/out the stealth meathod for faeries, and AC levels were never a problem - in fact I NEVER had to ressurect a character once during the game EXCEPT against a certain "denzien of the deep", (and even then I reloaded and did it properly). Note however that this would have been different without a strong missile shield spell in place - but not a prob. with Bishops.

Nor do Faeries become "worse" latter in the game - they simple "peak" faster than the other races. And in my opinion the only reason to choose another race would be for the ability to dual-class much latter and use an infinity helm, and EVEN THEN I'd prob. still prefer to continue on as a Bishop. (I think I've gotten them up close to level 30 and still never achieved 7th level spells - not that I needed them.)

The key to spell casters is simply to use their spells as often as possible and using them X3 (or more) if they are offensive spells, nothing "magical" about it. There is the tendency to want to use slings for your spellcaster - try not to, it defeats one of the primary reasons for having a spell caster in your party at all - and generally stunts their development.

[ 01-07-2004, 02:01 AM: Message edited by: ScottG ]
ScottG is offline   Reply With Quote