View Single Post
Old 09-13-2005, 04:44 AM   #1
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

Does anyone still play this game? I just got it last week (only ten euros now), and so far I'm pretty content. I'd heard some nasty stories about bugs, but found none. (patched it none the less) Framerate in outdoor areas isn't all I'd like it to be, but since most of the action is indoors anyway, I can live with that. The thing I like most is the ambiance; you really feel like a vampire and the dark atmosphere really adds a great deal to the gameplay. There also seems to be alot of variation. One second you're in a haunted hotel (Ocean House) and don't meet a single foe for half an hour, the next you're having a shoot-out with the Russian Mob. Awesome stuff! The various Clans also provide for excellent replayability, I started out as a Toreador, then switched to Tremere after a while (Blood Boil and Purge are priceless). I'm thinking of restarting as a Gangrell or a Malkavian next. Any suggestions regarding gameplay or preformance? I certainly wouldn't mind some character-building advice. Right now I'm focussing on persuasion, seduction, scholarship, melee and sometimes dodge. I try to max out one disipline of choice early in the game too. Am I spreading it too thin?
Dreamer128 is offline   Reply With Quote