View Single Post
Old 02-06-2012, 10:34 AM   #7
Azred
Drow Priestess

Ironworks Forum Re: WotC FIFTH edition D&D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziroc View Post
I will ALWAYS stick with 2nd Ed... and call it AD&D.. damn it!
I second this.

To me, 3.5e and 4e rules tried to do one thing--turn D&D into GURPS. Any race can be any class and pick up any skill? *shrug* GURPS has been doing that for 20 years with only moderate alterations to the basic rules now and then, which is why it is the best system to use.

I played Neverwinter Nights...but never played past finishing the main city plot. I played Neverwinter Nights 2 and it was enjoyable but essentially linear like Icewind Dale.

For old time's sake, I resurrected SoA/ToB, corrected the spells up to 20th level, and then started replaying it--quite enjoyable and there are things I had actually forgotten about it.

Now...for really old time's sake I resurrected Pool of Radiance on the older laptop, but it still plays too quickly to see some things. In many ways, that game is harder than IWD2 in HoF mode.

Back on topic...this move is designed only for one thing--to sell more books by declaring all previous books and systems invalid. Also, the whole Spellplague thing (I don't really know what that is, anyway) and moving the Realms forward 100 years was so that the old storylines could be retired and those character owners won't get any royalties any more. It's all about the platinum pieces, baby.

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Azred is offline   Reply With Quote