View Single Post
Old 11-26-2003, 12:19 PM   #23
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

Quote:
Originally posted by Luvian:
quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
Luvian, won't they turn off your power if you don't pay? That's what they do here!

I dunno, if I was expecting to be paid by someone and they kept not paying me what I was due, it wouldn't sit well with me! I would understand if they had a major illness, loss of a job or other serious issue, but not if they were avoiding paying me what they owed because their priorities were to buy things like games or such.

My mortgage, insurance, car expenses (so I can get to work!), heat/lights and food etc are at the top of the 'to be paid out' list each month.

LOL! Everyone's complaining about bills and I know I hate paying them too, but let's face it, if you USE the electricity or want to buy the new car/computer/refrigerator etc, you have to pay up!

I can sympathize with having to juggle bills when the cash flow is low, though! I remember having to decide whether to pay the rent or the electric bill a few times as a grad student. Those aren't the days I remember most fondly! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Oh, I'm not having parties every days. I've had trouble finding a good permanent job recently, so It's been more than 4 months since I last went into a grocery store, and I have to rub my hands together to heat up my fingers because it's winter and I only heat my appartment a few hours a day so that I can save money. Just right now I'm shivering from cold. I turned on the heat 5 mins ago, but it's still extremly cold.

On the bright side my computer is in no danger of overheting.

I can manage to have enough money to pay for rent and internet every month, but I have to juggle between paying my phone bill or electricity bill every months since I lost my last permanent job. They haven't cut any yet because I do pay at least a little money every months and I told them I'd pay up once I get another job. I hate having debts.
[/QUOTE]wow, you sound like you are in the same boat as us, we do not even have gas on here, even though that is what the heater and stove are on, we use electricity for everything, small heaters, back rooms closed off, and we cook in a microwave, which is only used once in a great while, we have to keep the heaters on because of the kids, they could not handle the cold like adults can