View Single Post
Old 07-13-2001, 07:53 PM   #170
Ace Flashheart
Manshoon

OOC: Hello all... just got my e-mail working again so i finally could confirm membership on the board and i thought this is as good a place to start as any. :1ponder

IC: Meanwhile, deep in the bowls of the earth 3 rather dejected looking figures sit on a small rock formation surounded by the dismembered bodies of goblins and hobgoblins.

While the first figure tries, unsucessfully, to replace the sequins that have detached themselves from her robe. The other 2 warriors sit on opposite sides of a smaller rock playing cards and consuming beer.

A small halfling thief turns to the the imposing shape of the black armoured knight and after rechecking his cards finally speaks.
"Got any threes?"
There is a small pause before the dark knight responds.
"Go fish"

"You know, I'm not usually one to point the finger but this is your fault..." The sourceress bored with attempting to magically repair her garment stands up and faces the black clad warrior.

"I seem to recall that it was your dimension door that transported us to this rancid hellhole, which would make this your fault." he replies

"But you took my staff, so I couldn't succesfully cast the spell... again making this your fault."

"Yes but if i gave you your staff you would just teleport away leaving us back with those damn dwarfs." the anti-paladin gives an involantary shudder at the mention of the name.

"Well, admittiadly, that's true but at least *I* would be safe instead of staving to death in these tunnels forced to survive on dwarf bread and goblin ale which, may i add, you have been drinking in stupidly large quantities concidering that it's created from a mixture of rotweed and 4 of the deadliest mushrooms in this dimention." she adds with a mixture of comtemp and repulsion.

"I think your being very unfair", the halfing cherps in taking a brief pause from rearranging the remaining cards in the deck, "It has a very unique texture, and an unusuall aroma that distances it from the ales back home."

"What you mean like the fact that you can consume the ale back home without the danger that a sword spider will hatch in your gullet?" a moments though passes for all three travlers. "So, come to think of it actually very similar to the ales back home."

In a blurr of speed and a crash of armoured plates the black night jumps to his feet brandishing two massive dwaven rune axes, eyes alight with evil magic.

"ENOUGH", the caven booms, "I'm tired of sitting around, we need to take action, grasp our destiny, with our combined power we will make all who stand in our path tremble before us!!! As I speak I am already devising a plan so devious, so cunning that we will not only become rich again but also manage to escape the clutches of this foul dungeon forever.", throwing his head back he begins to laugh manically.

Also jumping up the halfling draws his blades and attemps to look as serious as a 3 foot tall man in bright green chainmail can look.

"Great idea cheif, I knew with your leadership we could pull through. Why it could be so easy, we could simply ambush a group of rich adventures traveling through the tunnels using my speed and stealth to harrass their spell casters, Delphe's powerfull magic to keep any more powerfull opponents contained and your amazing fighting prowess combined with the anormous power of the rune axes to crush any fighters that may be tagging along we could dispose of them all and then take all the gold and sell any valuble magical items. Why if it was *so* easy for a simple thief like me to come up with a plan like that then I can only begin to imagine how devistatingly cunning yours must be.

"Um... actually that plan does have a degree of merit, and might *possibly* be a bit better than my first idea."

Turning over the elven mage stared accusingly at the rather sheepish form of our anti-hero,
"One question, does your plan invole me removing any item of cloathing *whatsoever*?"

"Er... well, i suppose possibly in later phases you might be required to *cough* to expose a little of your anotomy", the iron hard stare of the elf forced him to direct his gaze at his armoured boots.

"Okay... I vote for the halflings idea, as A) He's not an idiot (just a moron) and B) He's not a pervert (just a drunkard)."

"You know Delphie you have a real attitude problem." If the warrior had been brave enough to raise his head he might have been staring daggers.
"Now, where do we find a large group of fairly powerfull but not godlike adventurers of mixed race and gender to ambush mercifully with the intent of repossing their equipment???"

OOC:Be gentle peeps it's my first time