Thread: Back Home !
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2005, 06:34 PM   #16
Cerek
Registered Member
Iron Throne Cult

Quote:
Originally posted by Davros:
I was hoping it might have that impact Cerek. It's been a private running joke between us for a while now hasn't it [img]smile.gif[/img] .

I thought about doing it it two replies - the I disagree and the no I don't, but thought I would only cop unnecessary flack from people who thought I was being insensitive. You have obviously had increased opportunity for idle introspection of late. I am betting the Republicans prefer us all to have an occupied mind over an idle mind - maybe in all this opportunity you might find you have developed a few more central and left wing tendancies .
BWAHAHAHA!!! The pain medication didn't make me THAT delirious [img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img]

Seriously, though, I have found it less and less entertaining to venture into the CE forum. Opinions are usually too strong and feelings too easily injured over issues that - in all reality - have very little impact on our individual daily lives. That's one reason I've never been too interested in discussing the various merits of differing political parties and world issues. The bottom line is that most of the events are not going to have a direct impact on me, nor can I can do anything to have any real impact on them.

It's part of the Serenity Prayer - I try not to worry too much about things that are beyond my ability to control.

Still, I enjoy reading the various arguments and counterarguments from time to time, especially when they are presented with facts to back them up rather than emotion.

I know we don't agree on many issues, but I still have a lot of respect for your opinion and for you as a person.

You're a Good Mate, Davros. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]