View Single Post
Old 09-13-2001, 02:35 AM   #29
Mahlennacht
Drow Warrior

...I'm in agreement w/ Zoltan for good and evil alignments... I'm currently switching between two different games; the evil-aligned one is the same as his:

Korgan
Viconia
Edwin
Jaheira
Jan
[Mahlennacht - LE Kensai7//Thief]

[btw that's my habitual nomenclature for dual-class (double slash); Lawful Evil Kensai dualed @ lvl 7 to a thief... multiclass would be, say "CG fighter7/thief8" (single slash)]

Korgan is a riot - he hates EVERYONE (except the PC)... Viconia is a great sexy bitch-queen type... Edwin's sarcasm--plus his scroll quest gave me the biggest laugh I've had in months... Jan is so annoying with his anecdotes it's hilarious... and they're all powerful NPC's as well.

My neutral party seems to be very effective overall, at least the way I play; if I alter the makeup of this party, I feel something's missing:

Mahlennacht - Bard
Valygar
Edwin
Anomen
Jan/Imoen
Jaheira

So I have four fighters (one a 5x backstabber), three mages, two priests (a godlike cleric and a druid), a lockpicker/trapfinder, a compulsive pickpocket, and a brainiac who can ID ANYTHING ANYTIME and thus permit more lvl 1 attack spells. And they won't bitch at each other to the point of fisticuffs.

The only drawback is that I don't get as many interesting interactions, compared to those of the parties previously mentioned by others - but I'm just trying to finish the game for the first time, dammit - I've been at this since March '01 and 170+ days game-time, and I'm still only halfway thru Chapter 5. Never did I imagine that I would be playing the same game for over six months and STILL feel like replaying it when I was done. What an awesome game this is.