View Single Post
Old 03-25-2001, 06:49 AM   #7
Charlie
Lord Ao

Oops, just my little joke.

A few of my mates are pretty big gamblers btw. Football, horses and the dogs mainly but usually after a beer they'll bet on anything. Gambling can become equally as dangerous as drugs and drink in many respects. I can tell you about a few failed marriages and a few fights through it, I can also tell you a few hilarious stories attatched to it. There's one guy in my pic' in Stealthy's site that done the holiday fund for around twenty blokes, stole money from his mother to recuperate his loss, lost and robbed his sister. He actually won all his losses back with a little more on top in the end and promptly confessed all to every one involved. Not nice but he was badly hooked up at that time, he was forgiven obviously and ultimately straightened himself out. Also there's another friend of mine that's a bookmaker at the races. He was in the pub with us one day pulling his hair out with worry about what he was going to say to his wife. She'd saved £7000 (about U.S $10000) for a kitchen that she'd set her heart on and he'd watched that kitchen hobble out of the 3.30 at Kempton Park racetrack about 10 lengths behind the rest of the field. That ended in divorce (although not over this incident, there were accasions where he'd return home with £15 or £20 grand in his pocket) so it's horses for courses (no pun) in some respects. Personally I never gamble bar a game of cards on the rarest of occasions.

Gambling........ it's a mugs game. U wanna bet.

------------------
One love, peace.