View Single Post
Old 03-05-2007, 11:04 AM   #10
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Just like with creatures and items, you have to change the resref when you build it. You may be able to get around that by creating a copy of the area, and changing the resref there. I'm not sure if that will work or not, but you can try it by creating a copy of the area, and then hit the edit button. On the Advanced tab, I think, the tag and resref are listed. On a new area, you can change them there. Possibly, on your edited copy, you can change them. I'm not sure.

Edit: Ok, I went and tried it, and it will ask you for the new name for your area, and whatever you put there will be the area resref for the copied area. So, if I were to do this, I'd name all the areas I copy something like this rb_foresty_area or rb_lake_area. The area will keep the same name as the original, but this will allow you to change the resref. Note, the rb is for robert the bard, and I use it in my modules, a lot, when I do custom scripts or items that I want to differentiate with stuff I have either imported, or generated with the script generator.

[ 03-05-2007, 11:10 AM: Message edited by: robertthebard ]
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote