View Single Post
Old 12-16-2004, 11:56 PM   #8
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Black Knight:
hey - cloudy - great topic...

I've recently married into a blended family - two kids from her two previous marriages - and it's not easy. Takes a lot of patience dealing with the other families. Bad enough trying to schedule with my parents and hers, try adding four others into the mix.

**BUT** I wouldn't trade it for the world. I love my wife and OUR two boys. The only steps in our house are the ones going upstairs.

ADVISE - try to be the neutral third party or trying seeing the situation from their point of view. Having legal documents tell you what SUPPOSE to happen is a good starting point, but not the be all end all...we've been working on getting everything situated to get both boys at our house for Christmas day and it is taking a 2 hour drive on the night before and a two hour drive Monday BEFORE work, but it is gonna happen.

Either that, or just give yourself a large bottle of our favorite tipple and start new's years a week earliy

Later,

BK
Oh Henry, I KNEW that's what was up! AWWWWWWWWWW! Well, I don't have enough room for all the awwwwww's I'd like to post, dear friend! I know you didn't have much time online, but I'll catch you another time!

This topic came up as I was seeing notes at work about help for people in stress from the holidays because of all the visiting and extended/blended family needs at this time of year. I'm glad it could be of help or at least interesting.