View Single Post
Old 10-27-2004, 08:49 AM   #34
Thoran
Galvatron

Quote:
Originally posted by T/-/alali:
Heh, the funny thing is, the xbox has never had a game that has taxed it's full abilities. Not even PS2 has, and from what I hear Halo 2 comes damn near close, so the graphics won't be as bad as you think.
Well... put it this way, My Geforce3 had the same basic hardware as the XBox has, although my card was a bit faster than the XBox version (Ti500). The GF3 is now a full 3 generations old, since then I've upgraded first to a GeforceFX 5700, then to a 6800 GT (I skipped over the GF4's). The old GF3 is basically incapable of running most of the games I'm playing at decent resolution/quality. In fact my 5700 (which is less than a year old) has serious difficulties with some of the newest DX9 games (Far cry, Doom 3, and I expect Half Life 2).

I don't know why the XBox isn't getting pushed hard, but it's not because the games are't capable of it, any of the DX9 games would bring the Xbox to it's knees... I expect you'd be lucky to get 2 frames per second of Far Cry with all the goodies enabled (although Far Cry WILL play on the GF3, quite well, if you turn all the settings down)