View Single Post
Old 12-31-2003, 08:57 PM   #1
Nerull
Lord Ao

Smiley

I just bought a portable MP3 player, and am now want to download some MP3s that I have been wanting to get (I plan to convert some songs from CDs that I own to MP3s as well). I am not afraid of paying for the MP3s. However, I tried ITunes, and while the thing was easy enough to use, it would not let me convert any of the songs I got to MP3 (kept giving me the "protected" speech; a waste of money as far as I am concerned if I can't get the stupid file into MP3 format).

So, I have a threefold question:
  1. Where is a good, reputable pay site that I can download individual songs in MP3 format for my library?
  2. Is there a program that will let me convert the songs I did buy from ITunes into MP3 format? It gave me the songs in AAC format, which I have never seen before in my life. I looked through the instructions for my MP3 player, and it will only play MP3 format. Luckily, I only downloaded 4 songs (so only out around $4.00), but still is a waste of money if I can only play the damn things on my computer.
  3. What is the best (prefer freeware) program to convert from WAV to MP3 formats? That way I can convert songs I have on my CDs over to MP3 format and load onto the player.
Any help on this issue would be appreciated, as I would like to get something of a library of legal MP3s together within a few days.
[img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/new/ghoul.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br />\"The middle class pays all of the taxes, does all of the work.<br />The lower class exists just to scare the middle class.\"<br />-George Carlin