View Single Post
Old 06-21-2003, 06:43 PM   #10
koconnor100
The Magister

First Impression , Chapter 1 (yeah, I finished it)

took an illusionist.

Yah start at level 1.
There's no quick jump up to level 3 like in the OC (or should I say "The Other OC ?") you work for every experiance point.

There's no wand of frost to give you unlimited d4+1 attacks that never miss. You actually get some use out of your zero level spells this time around. In fact, you get a lot of use out of them. 1d4+1 damage is a significant amount of damage all the way out to level 3 and 4 so that 0th level ray of frost sees a lot of use.

No high powered cheat items. What can I say. No wand of frost, no greater belts of archery/brawling/swordsman ship.

The area's do not sprawl the way they do in the OC, but they are carefully designed with many sub quests. And each subquest as multple endings. You can go the goodie two shoes route, or be desgustingly evil. Your choice.

ARRRG ! there's no place to buy spells !

Well...actually there is. But the area is not one you normally come across until near the end of act 1. Well, you still get 2 spells everytime you level up, and find a couple here and there, so you're doing ok. The wizard winds up making sure you're not missing anything obvious before you proceed on to act 2 so in the end that still works out.

All in all, I would rate the game as tougher to play than the OC due to the lack of a 3 level bump at the beginning and the complete absence of high powered cheat items that litter up the OC. But it was a lot of fun anyways.